Here are a few reminders for your interview to make you as successful as possible. You may have heard or used some of this before but just in case… a refresher for your perusal.
Don’t get caught in the “tell me about yourself question”. The key is to have the interviewer give you as much detail about the position as possible so that you will know how to answer based on your qualifications that fit the employer’s needs. You can answer with “I know that you want a ——–but in order to make sure that we are both on the same wavelength, what are the primary duties and responsibilities of the position?”
• What is the primary responsibility of this position? The answer will tell you not only if you can do the job, but if you want to do the job. Answer with a few examples of your accomplishments in this area.
• What are the short and long term goals set for the person in this position?
• What are the obstacles that may prevent me from reaching those goals?
• Write out any questions that you may have before the interview.
• Ask “If I perform well, where can I go in the company?”
• Avoid compensation and benefit questions. Side step by answering “Compensation is important but the opportunity to improve my career path is my #1 priority at this time”or “I would like as much as the position will pay” or ” I am currently earning—-. Although I would like an increase, I don’t know enough about the opportunity to answer that fairly”.
• Summarize what you’ve done that ties in with the new position and ask “Do I have the qualifications you’re looking for?” Then don’t say anything and let them answer.
• If they say “I am looking at other people, you say, “how do my qualifications match the people you’re considering?”
• Ask for the Job!
• Your number 1 priority is to get the offer; your #2 priority is to know the next step.
Prime Placement Solutions is an independently owned staffing firm that specializes in recruiting and placing Healthcare Professionals in management positions for Senior Housing, Long Term Care, Assisted Living, & Memory Care properties and facilities. Prime Placement Solutions does not discriminate in the acceptance or referral of candidates in accordance with federal, state, and local law.